This is me

This is me
On a good day.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bananas

It's funny sometimes how kids position themselves within the family. My nine year old knows that things are tense between our 'tween and her parents. Naturally, he is poised to take full advantage. So, any time he has the opportunity to emphasize his good behavior, he seizes the moment.

On Tuesday, a great big fit was thrown over breakfast. Seems that daddy errantly placed bananas on top of pubescent one's cereal. The audacity! Not only did she not ASK for bananas, she does not LIKE bananas on HER cereal, and further, "HE HAS NO RIGHT TO PUT BANANAS ON MY CEREAL!" Stomp, slam, etc.

Today, Wednesday, 9 year old walks up to his banana laden cereal and says, "Hmmm. Bananas. I did not ask for them, but I will eat them, and just be grateful!" Smile, preen, etc.

Mom, knowing full well what was going on says, "you're a good boy." pat, kiss, etc.

Teamwork.




No comments:

Post a Comment