This is me

This is me
On a good day.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nancy Pelosi Hair

Nancy Pelosi has copied my hair style. Or, her people did. Either way, on the day after the election last week, my daughter opens the newspaper and said, "Mama, who is Nancy PEE LOO SEE?" I replied, "Well, she's a congresswoman from California who is currently the Speaker of the House of Representatives. And, it's PELL OH SEE." Her response was, "Well, you have Nancy PELL OH SEE hair."

Later on the same morning, while playing a snuggle game with my still sweet 9 year old boy, he queried, "How come you don't have that big hook on your nose like other old people?" WHAT? "Ozzy has one." (side note: My son loves Ozzy Osbourne)

My world was rocked like the superdome version of "crazy train." How is it possible that I have the same hair style as a woman who is 25 years older than me? Why is my son looking for me to have the same facial features as a 60+ year old man who is not exactly known for clean living? Why am I spending money on anti aging products when, clearly, at 45, I should just give up and "Bark at the Moon?"

I guess the answer is, that I am like other old people, fighting a losing battle. I remember in the early 90's going to a sorority meeting where the college women were talking about having an 80's theme party. They were all excited to go way back to the 80's and I felt very dated. I realized for the first time ever I was the oldest person in the room

But, now this is a whole new game. I'm no longer just dated, I'm now OLD. Because even though back then I was the oldest in the room, I was still younger than most of the world. Now, I'm not. I've stopped looking for new things to do with chicken. In fact, I count as one of my specialties the grocery store rotisserie chicken. I'm done with change. I'm not looking for new recipes.

However, I may be looking for a new hair do.

No comments:

Post a Comment